STUDENT LEADER POSITIONS
Looking for an on-campus job? How about a job you don't even have to leave your building to get to? Housing & Residential Education is currently looking for motivated and knowledgeable student leaders to be a part of our team!
Please Note: Student Leader appointments are for the entire academic year. Candidates must be able to commit to a position for both the fall and spring semesters.
These positions interact closely with fellow residents, staff, and guests. HRE and the University of Utah are committed to upholding state and national health guidelines to ensure your protection.
Operations Hiring Process
We are looking for positive, friendly students to join our team! Whether you are passionate about the U, experienced in customer service, or have a background in marketing, we have a position for you. Our teams' positions are hourly and you do not need to live on-campus to apply. If you have questions, please direct them to the appropriate team.
Central Office Positions
Located in Benchmark 822, our central office helps prospective students, current students, and their families navigate housing. If you have questions about the position, please reach out to Maraya Wiesenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Front Desk Positions
We have four front desks - Kahlert Village, Lassonde Studios, Marriott Honors Community and the Peterson Heritage Center. Our friendly team helps residents and guests have a great experience living on-campus. For questions about open positions, please email Andrè Mar’quis “Moon” Mitchell at email@example.com.
Marketing & Communication Positions
If you're passionate about the University of Utah and want to share that with others, this is the team for you. For questions about positions, please email Grace McGregor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residential Education Selection Process
The Residential Education process includes Resident Advisors and Social Justice Advocates. The Resident Advisor and Social Justice Advocates application is now open through January 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. All positions will require a resume. Please have your resume document ready to upload (in PDF form) when you begin the application. Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Prepare a current resume including; but not limited to: history of involvement, educational background, creativity and innovative practices, and/or a list of accomplishments you would like HRE to consider. For resources on resume building, please visit the Career & Professional Development Center.
All candidates applying to be an RA or an SJA will work through our application and interview process. Since our process has several steps, we have outlined those below so you can have an idea of what the timeline looks like for your application, interviews, notification of your status, and additional next steps.
- Application Open: October 18 at 8 a.m.
- Necessary Materials Needed for Application
- Application Deadline: January 13 at 11:59 a.m.
- After all applications are received, we will check candidate grades to ensure all candidates meet our GPA requirements
- Initial GPA Check Requirement: January 17-20
- New Candidates must meet both the previous semester (fall 2021) and Cumulative GPA requirement of 2.5 to be considered for a Student Leader position
- Candidates will then be invited to a Canvas course with additional information about the positions and items to work through as part of the interview process.
- Invites Sent on January 21
- Deadline to Complete: January 31 at 11:59 p.m.
- Canvas module should take approximately 2-3 hours
- Individual Interview Requirement: February 10 or 11 (in-person; virtual option by request)
- Approximately 30 minutes
- Group Process Requirement: February 17 or February 18 (in-person; virtual options by request)
- Approximately 1-2 hours
- Notification of standing in the process (placement, alternate, not selected): March 18
- Deadline to Accept or Decline Potential Placement: March 28 at 11:59 p.m.
- Student Leader Welcome Event: April 27
- Approximately 2 hours
- Final GPA Check Requirement
- Once spring 2022 semester grades have been submitted
If you have any questions or concerns throughout your application process, please feel free to contact our Student Leader Selection Committee Co-Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org