Living on campus
Data show that students who live on campus are more likely to have a higher retention rate and GPA. Our team of dedicated student leaders and staff serves the U of U community by encouraging, facilitating, and supporting the learning and development of all residents. Through our residential learning model, students can develop an inclusive and engaged community on campus where all members thrive. However, the University of Utah does not require students of any year to live on campus. That being said, we also do not guarantee housing for students.
|If Under 18||You will need to have a guardian/parent name and email address to sign the agreement on your behalf to complete the housing application.|
|Materials||Your student ID number (u0000000) Credit card information ready for any payments necessary|
|Fees||1. To apply for housing, students must pay a $130 one-time, non-refundable, application fee - paid in the Housing U portal during time of application. If you have paid this fee in a previous housing application, the portal will verify you've paid this and bypass the application fee payment page.
2. When reserving a room, students are required to pay a $200 reservation fee to secure your room. The $200 reservation fee is required to be paid within three business days of selecting a room. The reservation fee is counted towards the total cost of your room.
HOW TO APPLY
- Log into CIS
- Under the "Student" section, select "Student Homepage"
- Click on the "Student Housing" tile
- Select "Housing & Residential Education" from the left-hand menu, then click "Housing U"
- Click on the Apply Tab
- Select the applicable application
IMPORTANT NOTE: First-year students must submit their enrollment deposit prior to applying to housing.
Note: If you receive an error page when trying to access "Housing U" through your CIS account, please Send an email to email@example.com with your name and UID stating that you are unable to access the application because of the error page.