Within HRE, we strive to promote equity, diversity and inclusion on campus. Students and staff have the opportunity to advocate for social justice, provide support and progressively make change to better our societies in a variety of ways like being a Social Justice Advocate (SJA) or participating in community projects. As individuals and a department, we recognize social justice is an active and ongoing process in which we strive to be self-aware and create equitable environments.
Part of this initiative includes educating ourselves and our community. It doesn’t take being in a major leadership position to stand for social justice and inclusion; it is practiced every day in how we act, speak and think–the way we commit to living our lives. Sometimes the first step is simply listening and understanding what problems exist or learn how to be more open.
More on Social Justice and Inclusion:
- How to Order Food at Urban Bytes September 23, 2022
- What to do in the Student Life Center September 16, 2022
- Feeling Homesick? Here are FIVE tips to overcome the feeling! September 12, 2022
- Top Tips for Fall 2022 Move-in Week August 9, 2022
- Roots: Understanding the intersectionality and origins of pride June 30, 2022