We are excited to announce that Housing & Residential Education is growing! Construction is underway on two new housing projects on lower campus:
1) The fourth tower of Kahlert Village, set to open in August 2023
2) HRE's newest residence hall opening in August 2024
Note: This page will continue to be updated with information for residents living nearby the new construction. See below for past video footage of Kahlert Village.
INFORMATION FOR KAHLERT VILLAGE AND LASSONDE STUDIOS RESIDENTS
Hours of Construction
Construction is scheduled to occur on the following days between the posted times. Advance notices will be emailed when construction occurs outside posted hours and posted on this page.
- Monday-Friday: Construction occurs 7 a.m.-6 p.m. (MT)
- Saturday: Construction may occur 7 a.m.-2 p.m. (MT)
- Residents are able to check out the following resources from your area's front desk:
- sound reduction window soundboards
- white-noise sound machines
- sleep kits
- Students are encouraged to utilize these resources to help mitigate distractions during busy construction times.
Where can I park?
- Lot 11: Overnight parking seven days/week
- Lot 27: Overnight parking allowed seven days/week
- All housing zone lots: overnight parking allowed seven days/week (*Parking option during athletic events)
- Lot 15, level 2 and 3: overnight parking allowed Monday-Friday nights when there is not a special event, no Saturday/Sunday overnight parking
- Lot 21: Day parking only, Monday-Friday until 10 p.m. No overnight parking.
Extended or early work days or projects will be posted here.
- Friday, September 23, 2022
- Kahlert Village: Early morning concrete pour will begin at 4 a.m. (MT).
- Thursday, July 21, 2022
- Kahlert Village: Early morning construction work will begin at 6 a.m. (MT).
- Friday, July 22, 2022
- Kahlert Village: Early morning concrete pour will begin at 4:30 a.m. (MT).