UNIVERSITY GUEST HOUSE MOVE-IN
Move-In Week will occur between August 16-18, 2022. Students living in the University Guest House for the 2022-2023 academic year have been assigned a move-in date and time, based on their room reservation. Please do not book travel before finalizing your room reservation.
- Prior to arrival, all residents and applicable guests should do a personal wellness check. If you or anyone in your move-in party is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or feels sick, please do not come to campus.
- Please note that while the U does not require face coverings, we are a face-covering-friendly campus.
- Residents should arrive on campus at their assigned arrival time and proceed directly to the A. Ray Olpin Student Union (200 S, Central Campus Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84112) for check-in. Please follow signage to park in designated HRE check-in parking areas.
- Based on current public health guidance, COVID-19 tests are not required ahead of check-in; however, there will be optional testing, provided free of charge, for students during the check-in process.
- After completing your check-in process, you will exit the Union parking lot and proceed to your area’s designated unloading zone.
- Directions and maps will be provided in July.
- Vehicles can remain in unloading zone parking lots temporarily for up to 1 hour and 15 minutes. After unloading items, vehicles that will remain on campus should be moved out of the unloading areas to our temporary overflow lot, the Stadium, for the duration of the move-in period (August 16 - 18).
- Please only bring individuals necessary to support your move-in. Our campus is face-covering friendly.
- Your guests are not able to go inside the Union to assist during the check-in process. Please only have guests enter your assigned building, room, and dining hall facilities.
UNLOADING ZONE MAPS
Note: 2022-2023 academic year unloading zone maps will be published here in July.
Union Building Flow Map
University Guest House
During move-in, you will not be able to park in the lots adjacent to your building. Beginning August 19, you will be able to move your car closer. A parking permit is required to park your vehicle on campus. Visit Commuter Services to purchase a parking permit and for all parking-related questions.
2022-2023 Move-In Guides
Note: 2022-2023 academic year guides will be published here in July.
We can't wait to welcome U home! We highly encourage you to refer to these as you're preparing to move on campus, as well as while you're getting settled. Move-In Guides each contain tailored information for your area about the residential experience, including front desk resources, info about mail & packages, how to connect your devices to wifi, submitting a maintenance request, parking information, where to dine on campus, information about residential policies, and COVID-19 updates and expectations!
July 20: Last day to make changes in Housing U/Request optional services
August 6: Residence Halls and Apartments close at 2 p.m. for summer.
August 6-16: August Break Housing
August 16-18: Fall Move-In Week
August 23: First day of fall semester classes!
September 2: Fall semester charges due
December 17: Select communities close at 2 p.m. MT for the winter break period. Students will receive more information related to break housing during the fall semester.
December 28: Last day to request Early Arrival* for spring
January 5: Early Arrival* for spring ($40/day)
January 6: Spring Move-In Day