Looking for an on-campus job? How about a job you don't even have to leave your building to get to? Housing & Residential Education is currently looking for motivated and knowledgeable student leaders to be a part of our team!
Please Note: Student Leader appointments are for the entire academic year. Candidates must be able to commit to a position for both the fall and spring semesters.
We are looking for positive, friendly students to join our team! Whether you are passionate about the U, experienced in customer service, or have a background in marketing, we have a position for you. Our teams' positions are hourly and you do not need to live on-campus to apply. If you have questions, please direct them to the appropriate team.
Marketing & Communications Positions
If you're passionate about the University of Utah and want to share that with others, this is the team for you. For questions about positions, please email Grace McGregor at email@example.com.
The Lead Outreach Housing Ambassador(OHA) supports the Marketing & Communications Coordinator. This OHA will provide specialized support to marketing and potential student recruitment efforts. The Lead OHA will assist with reviewing/editing marketing materials, creating OHA schedules, housing tours, outreach events, social media content, website updates, and more! Click the Learn More button for a full position description.
The Outreach Housing Ambassador(HA) supports the Communications & Assessment Coordinator. This HA will provide specialized support to marketing and potential student recruitment efforts. The Outreach HA will assist with housing tours, outreach events, social media content, website updates, and more! Click the Learn More button for a full position description.
Now Hiring. The Graphic Design Intern supports HRE's marketing team and works directly with the Communications & Assessment Coordinator. This position will work to execute department design needs at a variety of project levels. Projects are to include updating ongoing publications as well as ownership of creation of new designs for marketing/advertising purposes. This part-time position is ideal for a student seeking graphic design experience. Click the Learn More button for a full position description of this role. Fill out the form below to apply.
Central Office Positions
Located in Benchmark 822, our central office helps prospective students, current students, and their families navigate housing. If you have questions about the position, please reach out to Stephen Henninger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Filled. The Lead Housing Ambassadors (HA) provides aid to students and parents in the HRE central office and is responsible for inventory management, providing excellent and informative customer service, and giving support when needed to HAs and other HRE staff. The Lead HA will work individually and as a part of a team to support students, respond to concerns and inspire prospective students to be excited about living on campus. To apply to be the Lead Housing Ambassador, please fill out the form below. For a full job description, please click the "Learn More" button.
Please select a valid form
Housing Ambassadors (HAs) provide aid to students and parents in the HRE central office and are responsible for inventory management, providing excellent and informative customer service, and giving support when needed to other HRE staff. HAs work individually and as members of a team to support students, respond to concerns and inspire prospective students to be excited about living on campus. To apply to be a Housing Ambassador, please fill out the form below. For a full job description, please click the "Learn More" button.
Resident Services Desk Jobs
We have four front desks - Kahlert Village, Lassonde Studios, Marriott Honors Community and the Peterson Heritage Center. We proudly serve over 4,000 residents throughout the year. For questions about open positions, please email Mar’quis “Moon” Mitchell at email@example.com.
Come join our desk and mailroom team!Our Desk and Mailroom Assistants serve on our front-line ensuring that those within our residence are met with positivity, gain a sense of belonging, attain the support they need, and the resources and direction necessary to ensure that they find all that they inquire about. If you like to help others and work in a fun, friendly team, this is the place for you!
Join our team by becoming our Desk & Event Preparation Assistant. This is a hybrid opportunity that serves in both the Desk Assistant role as well our Event Preparation Assistant role which further ensures that residents, staff members, and guests have a positive experience while visiting our spaces. This part-time position is responsible for event service, client attention, and overall logistics of events by way of set-up and tear down of equipment (tables, chairs, etc.) and AV equipment testing to ensure efficient functionality.
Note: HRE Student Leader Application for academic year 2023-2024 is now closed. Please check this page in fall 2023 for more opportunities.
Residential Education Selection Process
The Residential Education Student Leader Selection Process includes Resident Advisors (RA), Social Justice Advocates (SJA). or Community Advisors (CA). The RA, SJA, and CA applications will be open from Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 8 a.m. through Tuesday, January 17, 2023, at 8 a.m. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
How to Apply
To apply for a Student Leader position:
- Log into CIS.
- Under the” Student” section, select “Student Homepage”
- Click on the “Student Housing” tile
- Select “Housing & Residential Education” from the left-hand menu, then click “Housing U”
- Click on the “Student Leader Application” tab, then click "2023-2024 Student Leader Application"
All candidates applying to be an RA or SJA will apply through our online application found on the Housing U portal. Once GPA and conduct checks are completed, candidates will be invited to a 1-hour interview with Housing & Residential Education staff members. Since our process has several steps, we have outlined those below so you can have an idea of what the timeline looks like for your application, interviews, notification of your status, and additional next steps.
- Application Open (new and returning): December 1 at 8 a.m.
- New HRE Candidates will be required to attend one of the following Selection Information Sessions:
- Tuesday, November 29, at 12 p.m. in KV room 1125
- Thursday, December 1, at 7 p.m. in PHC room seminar 1
- Wednesday, December 7, at 8:30 p.m. in MHC room 1206A
- Monday, January 9, at 7 p.m. PHC room 1A/B
- Friday, January 13, at 12 p.m. in KV room 1125
- Application Deadline: January 17 at 8 a.m.
- After all applications are received, we will check candidate grades and conduct history to ensure all candidates meet our GPA and conduct requirements
- Initial GPA and Conduct Check Requirement: January 17-20
- New Candidates must meet both the previous semester (fall 2022) and Cumulative GPA requirement of 2.5 to be considered for a Student Leader position
- HRE Interview Sign-Ups: January 23-27, 2023
- HRE Individual Interview Timeline: February 1-10, 2023
- Returner Student Leader Offers: February 17 at 5 p.m.
- Deadline to Accept or Decline Potential Placement: February 22, 2023, at 5 pm
- New Student Leader Offers: February 24, 2023
- Deadline to Accept or Decline Potential Placement: March 1, 2023, at 5 p.m.
- Student Leader Welcome to HRE: March 24, 2023, from 3 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- Final GPA Check Requirement
- Once Spring 2023 semester grades have been submitted
If you have any questions or concerns throughout your application process, please feel free to contact our Student Leader Selection Committee Co-Chair at email@example.com