Welcome to your new home on campus! We are excited that you will be living with us. To help make your transition to college life as smooth as possible, move-in information will be posted here regularly. Don't forget to check your UMail account frequently so you don't miss important emails. Follow us on social media (@uofuhousing) for move-in tips, and prize giveaways!

Move In Video



The HRE office is currently open to walk-in visitors from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are also available by phone at 801-587-2002 and by email at ready to answer any questions you may have!

FALL 2023

August 5 - 15: August break housing period

August 11 - 14: Early Arrival* for fall

August 15-18: Move-In (students will select their move-in date/day based on their assigned building)

December 16: Select communities close at 2 p.m. MT for the winter break period. Students will receive more information related to break housing during the fall semester.

December 27: Last day to request Early Arrival* for spring


January 4: Early arrival for spring

January 5 Beginning at 9:00 a.m. MST, students may move-in OR return to their living areas for the spring semester.

March 2024: Release date for the end of semester plans form, in which students will sign-up for May break housing (if eligible)

May 4: All students, not signed up for May break housing, must check-out by 2 p.m. MST