March 15 Annual priority deadline for housing-related accommodation requests
Students with disabilities, accommodation and accessibility needs, or medically-related dietary restrictions will follow the same housing application process as all students to apply for housing at the U.
If a disability or need requires some accommodation, such as:
- Accessible shower
- Visual fire alarm
- Single room
- Emotional support animal
The student will complete the following steps:
- Register and provide documentation to support the accommodation request with the Center for Disability and Access in order to create equal access to the living facility and/or program.
- The CDA will review the documentation provided and determine what accommodations are reasonable for Housing & Residential Education to provide.
- The CDA will notify Housing & Residential Education in writing of the approved accommodation request.
- Returning Students with disabilities desiring to continue living on campus, who were approved for housing or meal accommodations, shall notify Housing & Residential Education of their intent to return by the priority deadline so that the appropriate space may be held.
- New Students requesting an accommodation will submit the request to the Center for Disability and Access prior to the priority deadline to ensure the CDA can meet with you and set up the accommodation.
A request for accommodation submitted after the priority deadline will be accepted, processed, and if approved, the Center for Disability and Access will notify Housing & Residential Education of the approved accommodation. Late accommodation requests will be accommodated as soon as space becomes available but there is no guarantee that the accommodation will be able to be provided.