Staying on Campus for Summer 2023? If you wish to remain on campus during May break and have a summer housing reservation, please opt-in for Break Housing by completing the End of Semester Plans form in Housing U. The form will be available beginning March 15 and the deadline is April 17. If you have questions about May Break Housing sign-ups after this deadline, please contact our office.
Please Note: All Spring 2023 residents are required to fill out the End of Semester Plans form in Housing U by 11:59 p.m. on April 17.
|Step 1||Clean your space and remove all belongings. Any belongings remaining in the space after check-out will be removed, the student charged for that removal, and these items will enter Housing & Residential Education's abandoned property process.|
|Step 2||Clean and defrost rented refrigerators and microwaves from College Products. You will leave them in your room.|
|Step 3||Required: Prior to leaving campus, stop by your area's front desk.|
|Step 4||Complete the check-out process prior to May 6 at 2pm. This includes:
|Step 5||Be sure to verify the status of your mail services via the front desk:
|Step 6||Clean your space and remove all belongings. Any belongings remaining in the space after check-out will be removed, the student charged for that removal, and these items will enter Housing & Residential Education's abandoned property process.|
Off Campus: Turning In Room Key
Turn in your room and mailbox key at the Front desk of the Marriot Honors Community.
Turn your room and mailbox key in at the Front desk of the Marriott Honors Community.
Our official storage provider, Dorm Room Movers, can help you with your stuff this summer so you can focus on what really matters, college!
This is how easy it is: They send you boxes and tape. You pack - that’s it. Their movers will pick up your items, store them while you’re away, and deliver everything back to you when you return! Dorm Room Movers can also ship boxes home or wherever you need them.
Register now and join over 60,000 students that have made life easier for themselves and their parents by leaving storage & shipping to Dorm Room Movers!
No stress because:
- They send you boxes and tape to pack.
- Picked-up and delivered by professional movers.
- $100 coverage per box or unboxed item.
- Climate-protected storage and 24/7 security.
- BBB A+ accredited.
Moving Out Resources
- Cleaning supplies, including all-purpose cleaners and vacuums, are available at all of our front desks for check-out.
- Dollies and red carts are available to check out for one-hour periods but supplies are limited.
Damage Charge Process
- May 12, 2023: Students will receive notice of damage charges from their spring 2023 move-out. This notice will come via email to the student’s @utah.edu email address.
- May 31, 2023 at 5 p.m. MST: The deadline for students, who did not complete the express check-out process, to appeal damage charges.
- Please note that only students are able to engage in the damage charge appeal process.
- Students should follow the instructions provided in their damage notice email to complete the appeal process. Please note that appeals will not be accepted after the deadline.
- What if I completed an express check-out?
- Students who completed the express check-out process are ineligible to appeal damage charges. Students agreed to this during their check-out period, acknowledging this restriction during the key return process.