All residence halls will close on August 6, 2022, at 2 p.m. Your move-out should be completed within 24 hours of your last final exam.
Staying on Campus for fall? If you wish to remain on campus during August break and have a fall housing reservation, please opt-in for Break Housing by completing the End of Semester Plans form in Housing U. The form will be available beginning April 1 and the deadline is April 19. If you have questions about May Break Housing sign-ups after this deadline, please contact our office.
Please Note: All summer 2022 residents are required to fill out the End of Semester Plans form in Housing U by 11:59 p.m. on July 19.
Before you move out of your room, it is important to follow the steps below to ensure you have properly checked out:
- Clean your space and remove all belongings.
- Clean and defrost rented refrigerators and microwaves. Instructions on returning these items will be shared closer to your move-out date.
- Mail Services:
- Ensure that all mail has been collected
- Confirm that all future mail is forwarded to the correct address
- Ensure that you have an up-to-date email address in StarRez
- Complete your move-out envelope and turn in your key to the front desk drop box in your area. If you do not turn in your key by May 7 at 2 p.m., you will be charged a $60 lock change and a $100 improper checkout fee. As soon as you turn in your key, you will no longer have access to your space.
Note: Late checkouts will incur an improper checkout fee plus a $10 late fee every hour.
|Downtown Commons||Turn your room and mailbox key in at the Peterson Heritage Center.|
MOVING OUT RESOURCES
- Cleaning supplies, including all-purpose cleaners and vacuums, are available at all of our front desks for check-out.
- Dollies and red carts are available to check out for one-hour periods but supplies are limited.