Within HRE, we strive to promote equity, diversity and inclusion on campus. Students and staff have the opportunity to advocate for social justice, provide support and progressively make change to better our societies in a variety of ways like being a Social Justice Advocate (SJA) or participating in community projects. As individuals and a department, we recognize social justice is an active and ongoing process in which we strive to be self-aware and create equitable environments.
Part of this initiative includes educating ourselves and our community. It doesn’t take being in a major leadership position to stand for social justice and inclusion; it is practiced every day in how we act, speak and think–the way we commit to living our lives. Sometimes the first step is simply listening and understanding what problems exist or learn how to be more open.
More on Social Justice and Inclusion:
- Latte Lounge February 23, 2024
- Student-Friendly Adventures: A Guide to Affordable Fun in Salt Lake City February 2, 2024
- Dining on Campus January 19, 2024
- New year, new semester, new YOU! January 12, 2024
- Honors Housing Options at the U December 8, 2023