2022-2023 MOVE-IN GUIDES
Welcome home! We highly encourage you to refer to these while you're getting settled. Move-In Guides each contain tailored information for your area about the residential experience, including front desk resources, info about mail & packages, how to connect your devices to wifi, submitting a maintenance request, parking information, where to dine on campus, information about residential policies, and COVID-19 updates and expectations!
2022 MOVE-IN TIMES BY AREA
The early arrival period is August 12 - 15. Requests for arriving prior to August 12 will not be approved. Students who arrive during the early arrival period will select a time for check-in between 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Students arriving on campus early should do so only after being approved through our office. The last day to request an early arrival in your application is July 22, 2022. Students participating in early arrival will be charged $40/day. Specific move-in instructions will be sent to your email when you are approved.
NOTE: University Guest House residents are unable to request an early arrival.
Residents arriving on or after Friday, August 19, should check in at their area's front desk. If you know that you will be arriving late, please notify the Housing & Residential Education (HRE) Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to arrival, all residents and applicable guest should do a personal wellness check. If you or anyone in your move-in party is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are feel sick, please do not come to campus.
- Please note that while the U does not require face coverings, we are a face-covering-friendly campus.
- STEP 1: Check in at the Union. Residents should arrive on campus at their assigned arrival time and proceed directly to the Ray Olpin Student Union (200 S, Central Campus Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84112) for check-in. Please follow signage to park in designated HRE check-in parking areas.
- Based on current public health guidance, COVID-19 tests are not required ahead of check-in; however, there will be optional testing, provided free of charge, for students during the check-in process.
- STEP 2: Head to your area's unloading zone. After completing your check-in process, you will exit the Union parking lot and proceed to your area’s designated unloading zone.
- Vehicles can remain in unloading zone parking lots temporarily for up to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Construction Impact: Please note that Kahlert Village (KV) and Marriott Honors Community (MHC) residents will have an active unloading area only. Vehicles should not be parked in the unloading areas for any length of time unless actively unloading. Staff will be onsite during the move-in process to provide additional guidance.
- STEP 3: Move your vehicle to the Rice Eccles Stadium Lot. After unloading items, vehicles that will remain on campus should be moved out of the unloading areas to our temporary overflow lot, the Rice Eccles Stadium Lot, for the duration of the move-in period (August 16 - 18).
- STEP 4: Shuttle back to finish unpacking. Shuttles will operate throughout the day to take you back to your residence hall and allow you to finish unpacking and settle in!
- Please only bring individuals necessary to support your move-in. Our campus is face-covering friendly.
- Your guests are not able to go inside the Union to assist during the check-in process. Please only have guests enter your assigned building, room, and dining hall facilities.
UNLOADING ZONE MAPS
Unloading zone maps for each community are posted below. Once you've finished unloading, you should move your car to the Stadium Lot and shuttle back to your residence hall to finish unpacking.
During move-in, you will not be able to park in the lots adjacent to your buildings. Once move-in has completed, you will be able to move your car closer. A parking permit is required to park your vehicle on campus. Visit Commuter Services to purchase a parking permit and for all parking-related questions.
July 20: Last day to make changes in Housing U/Request optional services
July 22: Last day for students to request early move-in for fall
August 6: Residence Halls and Apartments close at 2 p.m. for summer.
August 6-16: August Break Housing
August 12-15 Early Arrival* for fall ($40/day)
August 16-18: Fall Move-In Week
August 23: First day of fall semester classes!
September 2: Fall semester charges due
December 17: Select communities close at 2 p.m. MT for the winter break period. Students will receive more information related to break housing during the fall semester.
December 28: Last day to request Early Arrival* for spring
January 5: Early Arrival* for spring ($40/day)
January 6: Spring Move-In Day
*must be a part of a University-affiliated group or program.