2023-2024 MOVE-IN GUIDES: Coming Soon May 2023
Welcome home! We highly encourage you to refer to these while you're getting settled. Move-In Guides each contain tailored information for your area about the residential experience, including front desk resources, info about mail & packages, how to connect your devices to wifi, submitting a maintenance request, parking information, where to dine on campus, information about residential policies, and expectations!
2023 MOVE-IN TIMES BY AREA: TBA MAY 2023
The last day to select your move-in date/time via the Housing U portal is Monday, July 24, 2023 at 8:00am MST. Students who elect to participate in the early move-in process must be involved in a university organized event to be eligible for an early arrival. The early arrival fee is $40/day.
Residents arriving on or after Friday, August 18, should check in at their area's front desk. If you know that you will be arriving late, please notify the Housing & Residential Education (HRE) Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to arrival, all residents and applicable guest should do a personal wellness check. If you or anyone in your move-in party is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are feel sick, please do not come to campus.
- Please note that while the U does not require face coverings, we are a face-covering-friendly campus.
- STEP 1: Check in at the Union. Residents should arrive on campus at their selected arrival time and proceed directly to the Ray Olpin Student Union (200 S, Central Campus Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84112) for check-in. Please follow signage to park in designated HRE check-in parking areas.
- Exception: Students residing in U of U on the Draw and Downtown Commons 1 & 2 should anticipate arriving on Friday, August 18 to their assigned building to complete check-in during their selected timeslot. Students residing in these buildings who arrive after the August 18th check-in window, should visit the Marriott Honors Community Front Desk (link to that page) to complete the check-in process.
- STEP 2: Head to your area's unloading zone. After completing your check-in process, you will exit the Union parking lot and proceed to your area’s designated unloading zone.
- Heritage Commons: Vehicles can remain temporarily in unloading lots for up to 1 hour;
- Lassonde, Marriott Honors, and Kahlert Village: Due to construction impacts on this section of campus, all vehicles will be asked to roll up, unload, and roll out. Staff will be onsite to assist with and guide these efforts!
- STEP 3: Move your vehicle to the Rice Eccles Stadium Lot. After unloading items, vehicles that will remain on campus should be moved out of the unloading areas to our temporary overflow lot, the Rice Eccles Stadium Lot, for the duration of the move-in period (August 15 - 18). Shuttles will run 8/15 - 8/17 for main campus move-in, students with the appropriate parking passes can move their vehicles to their residential lots beginning 8/18.
- STEP 4: Shuttle back to finish unpacking. Shuttles will operate throughout the day to take you back to your residence hall and allow you to finish unpacking and settle in!
- Please only bring individuals necessary to support your move-in. Our campus is face-covering friendly.
- Your guests are not able to go inside the Union to assist during the check-in process. Please only have guests enter your assigned building, room, and dining hall facilities.
UNLOADING ZONE MAPS: TBA MAY 2023
Unloading zone maps for each community are posted below. Once you've finished unloading, you should move your car to the Stadium Lot and shuttle back to your residence hall to finish unpacking.
During move-in, you will not be able to park in the lots adjacent to your buildings. Once move-in has completed, you will be able to move your car closer. A parking permit is required to park your vehicle on campus. Visit Commuter Services to purchase a parking permit and for all parking-related questions.
June 27: End of Summer semester plans form open in Housing U
July 20: The deadline to register for August Break Housing
August 5 - 15: August break housing period
August 11 - 14: Early Arrival* for fall
August 15-18: Move-In (students will select their move-in date/day based on their assigned building)
December 16: Select communities close at 2 p.m. MT for the winter break period. Students will receive more information related to break housing during the fall semester.
December 27: Last day to request Early Arrival* for spring