Every year, the University of Utah’s campus residents have the opportunity to use their voice and take the Resident Satisfaction Survey (RSS) conducted by HRE. We use this survey to gather your feedback and understand how residents feel about living on campus. HRE strives to create a positive on-campus experience, and your input is crucial for implementing change and understanding our residents. Some of the topics that are addressed in the survey are:
- Your residence hall
- How helpful your resident advisor is
- Resources provided in your building
- Mental health
- Meal plans
- Campus safety
In the past, we have used the information gathered from survey responses to make some changes to HRE. The following improvements have been implemented thanks to previous requests:
- The housing application user-interface now offers a roommate tool and was updated to be mobile-friendly.
- Interactive rate and meal plan estimator tools were created for the HRE website.
- On-demand shuttle service and Safe Ride are provided.
- Full-time professional security staff are stationed at info desks overnight.
- Meal plan options were expanded to include a more affordable option, Plan 8.
- The student-led dining committee was created.
- Lassonde residents now have 24-hour access to the Neeleman Hangar.
- WiFi has been improved across all residence halls.
As soon as the RSS is released, HRE strongly encourages you to take 15-20 minutes to complete the survey—plus, there are incentives! The first 200 residents to show proof of survey completion can claim a FREE limited edition Legacy Bridge beanie. Save a screenshot of your confirmation page and show it to the HRE Central Office in Benchmark 822 to claim your swag. BUT WAIT! There’s more! Bigger prizes are up for grabs, as well! Upon completion, residents can fill out the prize drawing form at the end of RSS to win big prizes like Apple AirPod Pros, a Nintendo Switch Lite with a $50 gift card, a Nespresso Vertuo Plus, and a swag bag—which includes an Under Armor backpack, blanket, Hydro Flask, mug, baseball cap, and campus store gift card.
RSS opens Monday, October 18; check your UMail to find the survey link We can’t wait to hear your feedback!
- Activities to do in Salt Lake City, accessible via Trax & Frontrunner January 27, 2023
- A Themed Community Experience January 20, 2023
- Spice up Your Winter Wardrobe! December 16, 2022
- Bored? Try This! December 5, 2022
- Three Tips to Begin Skiing or Snowboarding as a Student October 28, 2022